What is NVIR-O-CERT?
NVIR-O-CERT, the construction-specific Environmental Management System, is now live and is open for applications.
NVIR-O-CERT has been developed by the Construction Employers Federation (CEF) and is supported by the Northern Ireland Environment Agency (NIEA) and the leading environmental professional body, the Institute of Environmental Management and Assessment (IEMA).
The scheme provides a route for smaller construction companies to achieve environmental accreditation whilst helping larger companies to distinguish themselves as environmental leaders. The scheme aims to keep paperwork to a minimum and instead focuses on good environmental performance in practice. We have also structured the fees to provide excellent value for money.
NVIR-O-CERT is an environmental management system and auditing scheme which is:
- Construction specific
- Low cost
- Focused on what you do on site, rather than on paperwork
- Supported by NIEA (the regulator) and IEMA (the professional body)
- Creating standardised Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for environmental performance in construction
- Designed to benefit companies of all sizes but with a particular focus on SMEs
- Proportionate to the size and risk profile of a company
- Based on continuous improvement
- Promoting the environmental knowledge and skills of staff