This section details the General Rules of the Awards as well as the key dates between now and the Gala Evening in October 2022. All entrants are advised to familiarise themselves with this information.
- All projects entered other than GB & Republic of Ireland entries must be located in Northern Ireland.
- All members of the Construction Employers Federation can enter the Awards. This includes Full, Associate and Affiliate members.
- Projects must not have been entered for a Construction Excellence Award in 2021.
- All non-housing projects must be fully completed between 01 January 2021 and 31 May 2022 .
- Written approval is required from the client/developer to submit the scheme.
- All shortlisted finalists will have a judging visit during August 2022. Entrants will be notified in writing of the judging date.
- The judges must be allowed reasonable access to inspect the project.
- Shortlisted finalists in the GB & Republic of Ireland Construction Awards will not have a site visit. Instead they will have a 20 minute interview with judges in the Federation offices. Finalists will also be required to submit a schematic and a video of the project. This video will last no longer than 15 minutes. Videos must be received at least 3 working days prior to the judging interview and failure to do so will result in the entry being removed from the shortlist. Dates for interviews will be 23rd & 24th August 2022 - dates and timings will be strictly adhered to.
- The judges’ decision shall be absolutely final and no discussion or correspondence relating to any of the judges’ decisions will be entered into.
- Companies that enter into administration or an insolvency process after they have submitted an entry will be automatically removed from the process.
- All information regarding the results will be embargoed for publication at the discretion of the organisers.
- A construction project can only be entered into one specific category. However, a project entered into a specific category may also be used to demonstrate a commitment to quality performance in health and safety, training OR environmental sustainability.
- A company may submit more than one entry into a particular category.
- Copyright approval must be obtained for all material submitted.
1) FRIDAY 10 JUNE - WHY YOU SHOULD WIN FORM AND FIVE HIGH RESOLUTION DIGITAL PHOTOGRAPHS
- When we receive your Registration of Entry we will send you out a Why You Should Win Form. You are required to enter the details of how your entry meets some or all of the judging criteria for each category that you are entering
- Each entry must comprise a 200 word description and a 500 word statement for your project. Five high resolution digital images MUST accompany the text.
- On the basis of this information the judges will select the shortlisted finalists.
- The Why You Should Win Form and the five high resolution digital images should be returned via email or Dropbox to Tracy Windrim, email@example.com
|Monday 11 April 2022||Launch of 2022 Construction Excellence Awards - Applications open|
|Friday 10 June 2022||Deadline for submission of entries (200 word description and 500 word 'Why You Should Win' form and 5 high resolution photographs)|
|Friday 01 July 2022||Notification of Shortlist of Finalists|
|Monday 01 August 2022||During August, all judging visits will take place|
|Monday 15 August 2022||Closing date for receipt of GB & RoI video applications|
|Thursday 06 October 2022||Awards Evening|