This section details the General Rules of the Awards as well as the key dates between now and the Virtual Gala Evening in October 2021. All entrants are advised to familiarise themselves with this information.
- All projects entered other than GB & Republic of Ireland entries must be located in Northern Ireland.
- All members of the Construction Employers Federation can enter the Awards. This includes Full, Associate and Affiliate members.
- Projects must not have been entered for a Construction Excellence Award in 2019.
- All non-housing projects must be fully completed between 1 May 2019 and 31 May 2021 with the exception of the Building In Use Award.
- Written approval is required from the client/developer to submit the scheme.
- All shortlisted finalists will have a judging visit during August 2021. Entrants will be notified in writing of the judging date.
- The judges must be allowed reasonable access to inspect the project.
- All shortlisted finalists in the Housing categories must have secured the agreement and availability of at least one homeowner/homeoccupier to speak with the judges during their visit
- Shortlisted finalists in the GB and Republic of Ireland Construction Awards will not have a site visit. Instead they will have a 20 minute interview with judges in the Federation offices. Finalists will also be required to submit a schematic and a video of the project. This video will last no longer than 15 minutes. Timings will be strictly adhered to. Videos must be received 3 working days prior to the judging interview and failure to do so will result in the entry being removed from the shortlist.
- The judges’ decision shall be absolutely final and no discussion or correspondence relating to any of the judges’ decisions will be entered into.
- Companies that enter into administration or an insolvency process after they have submitted an entry will be automatically removed from the process.
- All information regarding the results will be embargoed for publication at the discretion of the organisers.
- A construction project can only be entered into one specific category. However, a project entered into a specific category may also be used to demonstrate a commitment to quality performance in health and safety, training OR environmental sustainability.
- A company may submit more than one entry into a particular category.
- Copyright approval must be obtained for all material submitted.
1) FRIDAY 04 JUNE - WHY YOU SHOULD WIN FORM AND FIVE HIGH RESOLUTION DIGITAL PHOTOGRAPHS
- When we receive your Registration of Entry we will send you out a Why You Should Win Form. You are required to enter the details of how your entry meets some or all of the judging criteria for each category that you are entering
- Each entry must comprise a 200 word description and a 500 word statement for your project. Five high resolution digital images MUST accompany the text.
- On the basis of this information the judges will select the shortlisted finalists.
- The Why You Should Win Form and the five high resolution digital images should be returned via email or Dropbox to Tracy Windrim, email@example.com
|Monday 12 April 2021||Launch of 2021 Construction Excellence Awards - Applications open|
|Friday 04 June 2021||Deadline for submission of entries (200 word description and 500 word 'Why You Should Win' form and 5 high resolution photographs)|
|Friday 25 June 2021||Notification of Shortlist of Finalists|
|Sunday 01 August 2021||During August, all judging visits will take place|
|Friday 06 August 2021||Closing date for receipt of GB & RoI applications|
|Thursday 07 October 2021||Virtual Awards Evening|