This section details the General Rules of the Awards as well as the key dates between now and the Gala Evening in October 2020. All entrants are advised to familiarise themselves with this information.
- All projects entered in the Housing, General Construction and Infrastructure Categories must be located in Northern Ireland.
- All members of the Construction Employers Federation can enter the Awards. This includes Full, Associate and Affiliate members.
- Projects must not have been entered for a Construction Excellence Award in 2019.
- All non-housing projects must be fully completed between 1 January 2019 and 31 May 2020 with the exception of the Building In Use Award.
- Written approval is required from the client/developer to submit the scheme.
- All shortlisted finalists will have a judging visit during August 2020. Entrants will be notified in writing of the judging date.
- The judges must be allowed reasonable access to inspect the project.
- All shortlisted finalists in the Social Housing category must have secured the agreement and availability of at least one homeowner/homeoccupier to speak with the judges during their visit
- Shortlisted finalists in the GB and Republic of Ireland Construction Awards will not have a site visit. Instead they will have a 20 minute interview with judges in the Federation offices. Finalists will also be required to submit a schematic and a video of the project. This video will last no longer than 15 minutes. Timings will be strictly adhered to. Videos must be received 3 working days prior to the judging interview and failure to do so will result in the entry being removed from the shortlist.
- The judges’ decision shall be absolutely final and no discussion or correspondence relating to any of the judges’ decisions will be entered into.
- Companies that enter into administration or an insolvency process after they have submitted an entry will be automatically removed from the process.
- All information regarding the results will be embargoed for publication at the discretion of the organisers.
- A construction project can only be entered into one specific category. However, a project entered into a specific category may also be used to demonstrate a commitment to quality performance in health and safety, training OR environmental sustainability.
- A company may submit more than one entry into a particular category.
- Copyright approval must be obtained for all material submitted.
THE TWO KEY DEADLINES
1) FRIDAY 05 JUNE - WHY YOU SHOULD WIN FORM AND FIVE HIGH RESOLUTION DIGITAL PHOTOGRAPHS
- When we receive your Registration of Entry we will send you out a Why You Should Win Form. You are required to enter the details of how your entry meets some or all of the judging criteria for each category that you are entering
- Each entry must comprise a statement of not more than 500 words. Five high resolution digital images MUST accompany the text.
- On the basis of this information the judges will select the shortlisted finalists.
- The Why You Should Win Form and the five high resolution digital images should be returned via email or Dropbox to Tracy Windrim, email@example.com
2) FRIDAY 07 AUGUST - A1 BOARD FOR SHOWCASE OF FINALISTS EVENT
- All shortlisted finalists are required to prepare an A1 display for the Showcase of Finalists event by 07 August 2020.
- Once again this year we will be printing the boards for all finalists.
- Each shortlisted finalist must provide the design for their board which must show the name of the company, the award category and where applicable, the name of the project. It should include photographs, plans, drawings, text, charts, graphs or any other attractive display content.
- The specification for the board design is as follows:
- A1 Landscape – 841mm (width) x 594mm (high)
- All text should be a minimum of 14 point Arial
- All visuals including pictures, logos graphics should be high resolution
- The ‘board’ should have a fine black border as submissions will be printed on white fabric
- If you require help with the design of your display board please contact Kyle Cromie at Design Ethos on 028 9127 5002.
- If you are entering the GB and Republic of Ireland Construction Award you must also provide a video that is no longer than 15 minutes in length. Videos must be submitted on a single DVD or pen drive.
|Friday 03 April 2020||Launch of 2020 Construction Excellence Awards - Applications open|
|Friday 05 June 2020||Deadline for submission of entries (500 word 'Why You Should Win' form and 5 high resolution photographs)|
|Friday 26 June 2020||Notification of Shortlist of Finalists|
|Saturday 01 August 2020||During August, all judging visits will take place|
|Friday 07 August 2020||Closing date for receipt of A1 Board designs for Showcase of Finalists event|
|Wednesday 09 September 2020||Showcase of Finalists event - Venue TBC|
|Thursday 08 October 2020||Gala Awards Evening, Crowne Plaza Hotel, Belfast|