CEF seeks comments on HSENI Corporate Plan - Reminder
The Health and Safety Executive for Northern Ireland (HSENI) has launched a consultation on a new draft Corporate Plan for the 2018-2023 period. CEF will be responding to the consultation and is calling on members to submit comments to inform our consultation response.
The draft corporate plan lists the three main areas of focus as safety, workplace ill-health and work activities that pose the highest risk and the causes of serious and fatal accidents. The three key outcomes are:
- Reduce Serious and Fatal Accidents by 10% to no more than 50 per annum on average
- Reduce Major Accidents by 10% to no more than 350 per annum on average
- Reduce Over 3 Day Accidents by 5% to no more than 1700 per annum on average
HSENI’s key priorities for construction are to educate, inform and appropriately enforce the following key issues:
- Work at height
- Vehicle - Pedestrian Safety
- Slips, trips and falls
- Occupational lung disease and cancer
- Asbestos removal
- Embedding principles of CDM
The HSENI Corporate Plan 2018-2023 can be viewed here.
Please send any comments you have to Jonathan Caughey firstname.lastname@example.org by close of business Friday 8th June 2018.