CSR introduces Academically Qualified Person & Professionally Qualified Person Cards
In response to feedback from the industry the Construction Skills Register (CSR) has introduced two new cards with immediate effect. Aimed at those who are either academically qualified or professionally qualified, the new cards offer an alternative route to a platinum card for those who are not performing the role of a building site manager or civil engineering site manager.
Academically Qualified Person Card
The Academically Qualified Person (AQP) card will be available to candidates who have completed a recognised third level construction related degree and have successfully completed one of the specified manager or senior manager health and safety training courses.
Professionally Qualified Person Card
The Professionally Qualified Person (PQP) card will be available to candidates who are current full members of one of the following Professional bodies: MCIAT, MCIOB, MICE, MIHE, MRICS, MIStructE, MCInstCES, MIEI, MCIBSE, MBIFM. One of the specified manager or senior manager health and safety training courses must also be successfully completed.
Candidates must successfully complete one of the following health and safety courses applicable to the level at which they operate within their organisation:
Directors/ Senior Managers
- Essential Health and Safety for Senior Executives; or
- Safety for Senior Executives
- Essential Health and Safety for Managers (new cards);or
- Managing Safely in Construction (new cards)
- Essential Health & Safety for Manager Refresher (renewals or upgrades where a manager course has been completed previously); or
- Managing Safely in Construction Refresher (renewals or upgrades where a manager course has been completed previously)
Manager & Senior Manager cards
The platinum manager and black senior manager cards will remain available. The criteria for these cards has been amended to reflect the introduction of the PQP card.
More information on the types of CSR card is available on the CSR website
Details of upcoming courses including an online booking facility can be found here