CSR Introduces New Experienced Worker and Experienced Supervisor Cards
The Construction Skills Register (CSR) is introducing two new cards, an Experienced Worker Card and an Experienced Supervisor Card.
These cards are for new candidates that have experience but do not currently hold a qualification. Both cards will be available from 1 September 2019 to coincide with the removal of occupational assessments.
Experienced Worker Card
To be eligible for an Experienced Worker Card, candidates must:
- Complete the CSR one day Health and Safety Training,
- Provide proof of registration on an NVQ Level 2 qualification or higher, and
- Have an employer declaration signed confirming their experience
The Experienced Worker card will be valid for four years from the date the candidate completes the CSR one day Health & Safety training. It cannot be renewed, and cardholders are expected to upgrade on or before expiry to a card based on the qualification they have achieved.
Experienced Supervisor Card
An Experienced Supervisor card will be introduced for new candidates who are experienced supervisors but do not hold a supervisor qualification.
To be eligible for an Experienced Supervisor card, candidates must:
- Complete the CSR 4 day Site Safety for Supervisors course
- Pass the CITB(GB) Health, Safety and Environment Test for Supervisors
- Provide proof of registration on a supervisor NVQ (level 3 or 4)
- Have an employer declaration signed confirming their experience as a supervisor
The Experienced Supervisor Card will be valid for 4 years from the date the candidate completes the 4 day CSR Site Safety for Supervisor training. It cannot be renewed, and cardholders are expected to upgrade on or before expiry to a card based on the qualification they have achieved.
If you have any questions please contact the CSR Scheme Manager, Jonathan Caughey firstname.lastname@example.org 028 9087 7150.