New CSR Experienced Manager Card being introduced
From 30 March 2018 the Construction Skills Register (CSR) is introducing a new Experienced Manager Card. The card is available to experienced managers and senior managers who do not have a construction related degree, professional membership or relevant NVQ.
The Experienced Manager card is one of a number of cards available following the removal of occupational assessments for managers and senior managers from 30 March 2018. Other options include the Academically Qualified Person card or the Professionally Qualified Person card.
Applicants for an Experienced Manager card must provide:
1. An employer’s declaration confirming their experience,
2. Evidence that they have signed up to a relevant NVQ such as:
- Level 6 NVQ Diploma in Construction Contracting Operations Management
- Level 6 NVQ Diploma in Construction Site Management
- Level 7 NVQ Diploma in Construction Senior Management, and
3. Complete one of the following manager/senior manager level health and safety courses appropriate to the level they operate within their organisation:
- Essential Health & Safety for Managers
- IOSH Managing Safely in Construction
- Essential Health & Safety for Senior Executives
- IOSH Safety for Executives and Directors
The card will be valid for 4 years and cannot be renewed. Cardholders are expected to have achieved a relevant NVQ prior to the expiry of the card.